Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Dream Cheese


I was hungry, just a smidge, 
So I opened up my fridge,
And I pawed through every bottle, jar, and can.

As I feasted both my eyes, 
I was taken by surprise
By a tiny balding six-inch little man!

“I’m the cottage cheese,” he said,
“For, you see, you’re still in bed,
And this dream you’re having sure is very strange.”

Well, a moment then went by,
And this tiny balding guy
Gave a hefty belch and then began to change.

He became a pink banana,
And he sang “Copacabana,”
While he shook his two maracas and he twirled.

Then a flash of light exploded,
The banana growed and growded,
And became the biggest sausage in the world!

As I watched him, still in slumber,
He became a big cucumber,
Then a fully tricked out sixties muscle car.

Then a wiener in a bun,
And before the job was done,
For some reason he became a big cigar.

It was this point in my dreaming
I could feel the subtext screaming
And, I tell you, I began to get annoyed.

Oh I swear, tomorrow night
I will just turn out the light
And I won’t sit up late reading Dr. Freud!

1 comment: