Sunday, March 28, 2010

Getting the Drinks


Mom is buying burgers,
And she said, “Now listen, son,
I want you to go fill
The soda cups for everyone.”

They have so many choices
That I’ll have to stop and think.
I gotta make sure everybody
Gets the perfect drink!

Joey might like root beer,
’Cause his parents never buy it.
Dad will just want water,
’Cause he says he’s on a diet.

Grandpa only likes iced tea
Because he’s from the South.
Grandma says that lemonade’s
A party in her mouth!

And I just can’t make up my mind.
It’s such a giant cup!
It seems a shame to choose one flavor—
Time to mix things up!

I will have a Dr.-Diet-
Mister-Seven-Cream-
Wild-Cherry-Lemon-Lime-Root-Cola-
Moutain-Burst-Extreme!

On top of that, Vanilla-Mocha-
Grape-Up-Orange-Drink,
And something weird that smells like purple,
Even though it’s pink.

And finally, to top things off,
Some fruit-punch and a straw.
The greatest drink and fattest, fullest
Cup I ever saw!

My soda cup is filled so high
I don’t know what to do!
I’ll pour some into Mom’s cup,
’Cause I bet she’ll want some too!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice that moms always say, "Pour a little off the top, into mine." I drank lots of that "smells like purple, even though it's pink".
    I'm soo glad it's "time to mix things up".

    ReplyDelete